Privacy & Cookies Policy
‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’ refers to ‘I Can Do It Montessori’
‘subscriber’, ‘you’, ‘your’ and ‘you’re’ refers to a person who has either electronically registered via our email/website or completed a paper application form.
‘Personal Information’ means any data/information you have provided directly or indirectly that identifies you including but not limited to:
first, middle and last name (if applicable);
postal, trading and/or business address;
children’s ages; and/or
any other demographic information
Any information you provide will be held for our own use only and not knowingly disclosed to any third party in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) unless we are required by law to do so.
Our website is SSL protected meaning that when you contact us through the website, all your details are encrypted before being transmitted to us.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Compliance
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) is a regulation by which the European Parliament, the Council of the European Union and the European Commission intend to strengthen and unify data protection for all individuals within the European Union (EU).
This is how we are protecting your data and your rights:
- Consent and the storing and processing of data by ‘I Can Do It Montessori’: By booking a 121 home support or family mentoring package, tutoring lesson or parenting workshop with ‘I Can Do It Montessori’ you consent to your email address, name, telephone number, postal address, children’s names and ages being held by ‘I Can Do It Montessori’ electronically or in paper form. This is only for the purpose of processing your booking and sending details of the 121 home support or family mentoring package, tutoring lesson or parenting workshop you have booked.
- Right to be forgotten: Let us know if you do not want to continue to receive information from ‘I Can Do It Montessori’ by emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org in which case we will permanently delete all data we hold about you.
- Right to object: We do not use your data for any other reason than to send you information about your courses/classes or to send you newsletter or other event information. If you want to opt out of being sent our newsletter or event information you may unsubcribe using a link at the bottom of our newsletter or events emails.
- Right to rectification: You may access, update, correct, amend or delete the information we hold about you at any time by contacting us on email@example.com
- Right of portability: We will export your account data to a third party at any time on your request.
Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, your computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
This cookie is used by our hosting provider to help manage website traffic.
This is the cookie we use to stop the cookie message displaying each time you visit the site.
Third party cookies are used on this site – these are cookies found in other companies’ internet tools which we are using to enhance our site, for example Facebook or Twitter have their own cookies, which are controlled by them.
How to control and delete cookies
However, if you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by our website, or indeed any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. The ‘Help’ function within your browser should tell you how.
Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies as well as more general information about cookies.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after a period of time.
Comments and Media on our site
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.